Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Heart Takes Flight










Tomorrow, I leave for California to begin second year at the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry.

The first year was a grand adventure in every way, but especially the way of art + spirit.

Ten years ago, I wrote a dream list. Much of it has come true, albeit in ways I never imagined. A good example: To create a curriculum that blends arts and spirit, a course of study that is interdisciplinary beyond traditional, tangible media.

This spring, I created Eyes of the Heart, a workshop on prophetic arts which I have enjoyed sharing in churches this summer. It has been such a joy to see creativity ignited and used to bless others.

To celebrate this journey, I have created a limited-edition series, The heart takes flight. I kept it simple: hand-cut, pastel hearts on a 5” x 7” postcard like the three pictured above. The hearts have “broken” into birds and begun to take flight. The colors and exact nature of each heart vary—not unlike dreams.

A mixed set of three cards is $10, which includes domestic postage {add $3 for international}. Payment can be made:

  • By check: c/o Albillo, 4322 Paulson Lane, Redding, CA 96002
  • Online: through the Eyes of the Heart site (via the “donate” button at the bottom of the page)
  • . . . and make sure to give me your mailing address
All proceeds from the sale of the cards will go toward arts in mission. Same for sales of my paintings this year. {My art is viewable at www.picasaweb.google.com/Annazonita.}

I love that dreams can take you places you never dreamed.

Dream big,

Anna Elkins

1 comment:

ARTFULEYE said...

Perfecto! Taking flight, my Anna Delight.