Inspired by year-end roundups, I decided to create one of my own. And so, 15 bits of the best from 2016:
- Launching the prophetic art resource site, PropheticArt.Info on January 1st.
- Traveling on the book tour as the illustrator for Erin’s grand book, Wings: Gifts of Art, Life, & Travel in France
- Reading one of my poems at the iconic independent bookstore, Book Passage, during the release of the anthology, Vignettes & Postcards Morocco
- Standing beneath Chagall’s ceiling at the Opera Garnier in Paris
- Working with my mom on her second book of blessings: Blessings for Love & War
- Celebrating a mid-summer milestone with Hayley over uncontrollable fits of giggling
- Doing pre-workshop calisthenics led by the Poet Laureate Juan Feilipe Herrera at the Squaw Valley Community of Writers
- Helping plan another Deep Travel Morocco adventure with Christina and the inimitable travel writer, Tim Cahill
- Launching a greeting card line, Take Heart, with the savvy advice of Mindy. (The card line will be more accessible once I finish…)
- …updating my website to offer commissioned poetry & paintings, among other things (coming in January!)
- Tasting my first kouign-amann pastry in the Fillmore, San Francisco
- Finishing a full-length poetry collection…and beginning to send it out into the world! (Any contacts with small presses most welcome ;)
- Hand-delivering the paintings that sold from my art show
- Listening to my father give his last official blessing while on staff at the church he is retiring from
- Turning 40 and feeling like the truest goodness is about to begin….
Here’s to celebrating the good stuff when it's “time to laugh” and “time to dance,”
Happy New Year!